I have settled on the name Podbury for this layout. It just seemed to fit. The track has now all been laid, some of the terrain has been glued down and the platforms and cattle dock/goods siding started (and currently being worked on).
Platform started. I’m kit bashing some Ratio kits I bought secondhand for this.
And I’ve already used it to run in some of my recent acquisitions.
Dapol weathered Southern M7 – Been waiting for this one for a while and it finally came in, in November.
Dapol weathered 45xx – I tried buying one earlier in the year, but typically it was faulty and last one left in stock. This came in December.
Dapol Class 22 Baby Warship. Got this last weekend. Its stablemate, A4 Bittern needs larger radii (I think) so will need a run on the larger DCC layout. Along with…
Dapol Southern Terrier. Purchased in April from Osbournes who chipped it for me. Tiny, ain’t she. Poor bugger has been waiting since July to be run in. Not long now.
I also spent a couple of evenings getting my head around the best way to do the electrics. “But its only one siding for goodness sake” – I hear you cry. Electrics are not my strong point – I can’t even rewire a bulb. 😉 Don’t forget, as well as being a DC layout to run in new locos, this is also about trying out new things and micro-switches, signals and panel lights are definitely new for me.
Anyway, I now have my one point test wired up with a colour signal via a micro-switch and a second micro-switch feeding panel lights all ready to be fitted.