Today I decided to test fit the bridge’s positioning to make sure there was enough clearance under it before making a start on the inside edge of the cutting. I cut a seat for the bridge into the plaster and foam before starting to apply Polyfilla on the cutting side. It needs more building up directly under bridge base which I am slowly doing in layers allowing time for each coat of Polyfilla to thoroughly dry before applying the next layer. Once finished, I will paint it to represent a combination of exposed rock face and earth before applying some green growth. The outside (left as you look at it) side of the cutting will be completed at a later stage.
I have also gone over most of the layout now with green acrylic and marked out the road/tracks. In these next two pictures you see some part built Metcalfe cottages and farm house which will enable me to play around with building locations. I am most likely going to be scratch building the structures as these don’t look quite right for this scenario.