The first of the track laying commenced with the 4 lines running through the station using Peco code 80 wooden sleepered flexi track. It was fixed down with blobs of PVA, although, as I had to lift and adjust it I decided I needed to go and buy some Copydex to use before I laid any more. As I had the airbrush and compressor to hand, I decided to give it a blast of sleeper grime. I think I’ll hold off any further pre-ballasting weathering until I’ve laid all the rest of the track so I can do it all in one go.
Next I taped some paper down and using various bits of rolling stock, marked out templates for the platforms. I used a Metcalfe platform kit to construct the platform structures and these will be topped with thin plastic card before being the surfaces are painted and weathered. I find the tarmac surfaces supplied to be very inconsistant in colour and besides, not all platforms look like freshly laid tarmac.
Next will be track laying heading left towards the loco depot.