RSS

Greening up and Signal box

08 Feb

I’ve made a start on the coombe side at the back of the layout. First a coat of brown paint then a base coat of three shades of fine turf. I also added some course turf on one patch. I’m not sure it’s quite the right mix of shades so I’m mulling it over before adding some static grass. Once that’s done, I’ll be adding underbursh, shrubs and a few trees.

The signal box is also coming along. The window frames are fitted and glazed. It tried glazing them first before fitting but found it a lot easier glazing them once the frames were superglued in. I used Humbrol Clearfix to attach the perspex glazing.

Next I turned my attention to the signal and point lever frame and the etched levers. Quite fiddly! First I superglued the levers to the frame base whilst it was still on the sprue. Then I painted them. Black at the bottom, silver for the handles and releases at the top and the body of the levers according to their use. Red for home siganls, yellow for distant, blue for points, black for locking, and one white as a spare.

Next I’ll turn my attention to the block instruments and signal box cabin furniture.

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on February 8, 2018 in Dartley Coombe, DCC Layout

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

 
John's Modelling

Workbench Builds in Progress and Finished Portfolio

Holiday Cottages Brittany - Ty Hir - Blog

Locos, layout, rolling stock, scenery and general modelling

Starlingford Chronicles

Be Good. Be Right. Be Considered. Be Articulate.

%d bloggers like this: